Women who have dehydrated hair known the plight of having their lovely tresses turn into lifeless hair getting extremely dry, frizzy and rough. It becomes like a bad hair life for them as styling dehydrated hair also seems like a task. Often the sun and its heat gets blamed in summers, whereas during winter the dryness and cold are the ones targeted, but contrary to this popular belief, these are certainly not the only factors causing dehydrated hair.
The main reasons are when your scalp inefficiently produces low oil to moisturize hair, some others like genetic or hereditary symptoms etc also contribute to hair texture. Sometimes natural drawbacks like reduced oil production by scalp with age may also be a defining cause. But how do you deal with these problems and tackle this dehydrated hair menace?
Well, we are here to help. Follow simple tips for dehydrated hair care and you will soon see good hair days too.
How to Moisturize Your Dehydrated Hair?
The shape and volume makes it difficult for different hair types to be conveniently moisturized by the natural oils from the scalp itself. Moreover, women having thick, rough and, dry hair often use thermal tools and chemical smoothers to maintain the hair texture. Now, the question always arises as “How to give moisture to Women’s Dry Hair?” Well! There are several techniques to moisturize women hair that we would discuss in the following context regarding this scenario.
Dry and dehydrated hair can be a result of unbalanced nutrition. The hair often feels dry and suddenly dries up although on water being applied to it. Hair can become lifeless, brittle, and eventually spread away from one another.
There are a lot of remedies for maintaining dehydrated and dry hair, like using hot oil treatments, mayonnaise, etc. But these are only limited to occasionally occurring dry hair and not for the regular ones.
Some natural treatments to be followed to eliminate naturally occurring dryness of hair and to moisturize your dehydrated hair from its roots are as follows:
1. Dietary Changes to eliminate dehydrated hair:
Chronic dehydration is the main cause of dry hair. This occurs within the body through dehydrated cells within and not outside. The water might not be retained by the cells of certain people always. This can take time to overcome by following certain steps like:
- Consuming foods which are rich in water like watermelons, tomatoes and, cucumbers. They tend to refill the lost water and equalize the percentage throughout the human body.
- Drinking a glass of green vegetable juice in a day is very effective. They provide complete hydration. To overcome the water deficit these juices provide extra water which serves as a benefit rather than consuming regular water.
- Reducing the drinking of coffee as it often proves to be a dehydrating agent.
2. A natural hair rinsing for dry and dehydrated hair:
Hair rinsing must not be done on a regular basis by people with dry hair. Hair rinsing often removes the natural oil from the scalp. However, we recommend one to rinse hair using these natural ingredients:
- Sage Tea.
- Chamomile Tea.
- Lemon Juice.
- Birch Leaf Tea.
- Amla Powder.
- Rosemary Tea.
- Vinegar Rinsing: You can use any vinegar including white, balsamic, or cedar.
- Rinsing dry hair with Plain Coconut Water.
3. Vitamin Deficiencies That Lead To Dry Hair
Biotin: It is an essential vitamin for hair, nails, and skin. The deficiency of biotin leads to hair fall and dry hair breakage.
Iron: Iron level reduction can be a vital case too for both men and women which lead to circumstances of having dry hair.
Zinc: This is essential for the tissues helping in hair growth. Hair turns brittle due to the insufficiency of zinc in the body.
Other vitamins like Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B12 need a regular examination to help in maintaining moisturized hair. Sometimes the overdose of vitamin a can lead to dry hair but that lasts for short term.
4. Some other treatments for repairing dehydrated hair are as follows:
- Apply yogurt to seal the essential moisture on the scalp.
- The best hair oil full of vitamins and minerals is Argan oil.
- You can apply greasy oil made of coconut, ylang, and oils from citrus fruits. This is known as Macassar oil.
- Fresh Aloe Vera gel acts marvelously on dry hair.
- An exceptional hair moisturizing agent is Shea butter. This helps in eliminating hair dryness.
- For chronic dry hair you can apply Avocado oil gently on the scalp.
- Bathing with water containing fewer TDS (total dissolved salts).
Shampoo for dehydrated hair:
The best shampoo for dehydrated hair is a natural homemade formula. The following are the steps to create your own homemade shampoo for obtaining the best results without any hassle:
- A cleansing agent generally used to eliminate sticky dust particles.
- Nourishing component.
- Anti-dandruff component.
- Antifungal and antibacterial components.
- Oils acting as anti-sticking components.
You can simply use the following items to fulfill the above component needs and create your own home-made and natural shampoo:
- An organic soap usually made with olive oil.
- Castor Oil.
- Organic Vinegar, you can use Apple Cider.
- Tea Tree Oil.
- Coconut Oil.
How To Make Your Own Shampoo For Dehydrated Hair:
- Take one cup of organic soap, four tablespoons of coconut oil, two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, ten drops of castor oil and five drops tea tree oil.
- We need to mix them thoroughly in a dark colored bottle.
- We need to use this shampoo in a very little amount every time we shower.
- If the results are not positive and dryness remains then you need to add Argan oil to the compound to get the best results.
According to many reports, many individuals claim to have got the natural moisturized hair back on using baby shampoo and baby hair oil. The main reason is that the shampoo is full of nutrients and less harsh on hair follicles.
Natural Conditioners For Dehydrated Hair:
Using conditioners only for dry hair is not enough as deep conditioning is required. This rewarding procedure of deep conditioning usually lasts for 30 minutes and proves to be very beneficial.
1. Simple Natural Conditioning:
- Deep conditioning using olive oil and honey:
- We need to mix one tablespoon of honey with three to four tablespoons of raw olive oil.
- Stir it well and apply it to your wet hair.
- We then need to cover the hair with a shower cap for thirty minutes.
- Rinse and gently wash your hair to get the most outstanding results.
Other items used for deep conditioning are:
- Coconut oil.
- Castor oil.
- Deep conditioning hair mask usually prepared from avocado and banana.
- Coconut Milk.
The root cause of the hair dryness and dehydration should be emphasized mainly rather than applying self-proclaimed techniques which do not match criteria. This would fetch adverse results which can be unfruitful at times. We must always take precautions before taking any home-made remedies. Fight for your dry hair, not against the hair itself.