Hair is the feature that makes you beautiful externally and elegantly. It can be a mess when you are neglecting it’s maintenance.
It is always good to check whether you are doing it right. Hair wash plays a crucial role than you imagine. You need not wonder if hair wash habits are the reason for hair fall and poor hair condition.
There are some ways that you must handle your hair while washing and you also need to be aware of effective ways of hair wash. Look into the points where you can have the betterment. So, we want to answer all the common questions you have about hair wash.
How Often Should You Wash Your Hair?
This is the commonly asked and discussed point for
Generally, we hear many saying, it is a must to wash hair twice a weak. If you are thinking, this the right statement for all the women, then you must look into it to have a clear idea.
Hair Wash for Types of Hair
1. For Flat and Fine Hair:
It is suggested to wash your fine hair every alternate day. As fine hair displays out the oily roots easily than compared to any other type of hair, you need to wash it every other day. Such type of hair may give you an oily and greasy feeling easily and make you feel to wash it daily.
But you must resist yourself from washing it daily and it is good to wash alternate days to stay away from the greasy feeling. You must use a dry shampoo for flat and fine hair.
2. For Thick Hair:
If your hair is thick and voluminous, then you need
So, you can wash you bushy hair once a week until it makes you feel annoyed or really greasy.
3. Loose and Semi Curls:
You need to clean your semi curly hair for every 2-3 days. This hair type needs less of natural oil. The natural oils may not get absorbed as much as thick curly hair can do.
4. For Thick Curly Hair:
Thick curly hair can be left for a while without washing. It is good even if you wash once a week as it can hold and absorb the produced oil. The other benefit here is, you will get to style your uncleaned hair better than cleaned hair. Isn’t it right?
5. For Damaged Hair:
Damaged hair needs more of nourishment. So, it must be set free from chemicals, pollution and water. So, it is recommended to wash you damaged hair thrice a week. You must drop your other shampoos and go for formula. You must find a minimal chemical or a chemical free shampoo and conditioner for already damaged hair.
6. For Oily Hair:
As the name says, it is oily and greasy. Greasy hair creates the irritation that no other hair type gives. So, you must keep washing it every alternate day to keep the oiliness at bay. See that, you do not exceed more than four times a week of hair wash for your oily hair.
What Makes You Wash Your Hair?
Woman love her hair to be shiny and silky any time. No woman like greasy or little dust hair. When her hands run through the hair, she wants a neat and smooth feeling.
Imagine, you are busy and your days are fully packed with too many activities. Such days will not even let you give some time for your hair care. Then, you tend to leave it without hair wash for 3-4 days and feel the need of hair wash. Let me make the answer more simple for this question. Whenever you feel your hair is too greasy and dirty, you will no more resist yourself to leave it in the same condition.
What Happens if You Wash Your Hair Every Day?
We wash hair giving a certain gap of days to remove the formed dirt, dust and oil. Even to remove the dirt, it is a bad idea to shampoo your hair everyday. But there some conditions when you have to wash your hair everyday and such conditions can be called as exceptions. If your scalp becomes sweaty and dandruff prone, then you can wash your hair everyday to get rid of sweat and dandruff.
Effects of Washing Your Hair Everyday
- Everyday Hair Wash Takes off the Natural O
ils: To keep your hair healthy, you need natural oils. It may give you greasy and oily feeling but everyday hair wash can take off all the natural oils which is much needed for your hair.
- Causes Split Ends: When your hair is washed every day and making it fully dried, they are chances for split ends to come into the picture. Everyday hair wash will not allow your hair to replenish and then full chances for split ends.
- Dries Out the Scalp: The dry scalp is the lead for dandruff which you hate to see on you. As natural oils are the once which keep your hair normal, you need to save some of it. So, it is suggested to stop hair wash every day to prevent your scalp from dryness.
How to Wash Hair Without Shampoo?
When you are going for these processes of washing your hair without shampoo is to give break to your hair from chemicals and some natural wash. So, you can also make your hair clean and shine without shampoo as well which is a great one in a while.
1. Hair Wash With Baking Soda:
This process will let oil exfoliate from your roots and then remove the dead cells out. This is the best way to cleanse your hair without shampoo.
Steps to Do:
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl.
- Then add water to 1 cup of water.
- Wet your hair fully with water.
- Then massage your scalp and whole head.
- Leave it a few 2-3 minutes and then rinse off thoroughly, with warm water.
2. Hair Washes with Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar works as conditioner making your hair shiny and smooth. Try this process and you can see the shiny hair naturally without shampoo.
Steps to do:
- Take a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Then prepare the mixture by adding 1 cup of water to it.
- Apply the mixture tips as it works as a conditioner.
- Leave it for 3-5 minutes and then wash off with water.
How to Wash Hair With Shampoo?
Looking at this answer, you will realize the mistakes you are making while doing hair wash. These mistakes may sound silly but the effect on your hair is bad. So, you can save your hair from falling off to an extent.
1. Dilute the Shampoo:
Diluting shampoo with water is a great idea. It does not last your shampoo for longer but also reduces the harshness of the shampoo. This useful instruction is not mentioned on the shampoo bottles as it is a harm to the shampoo companies.
So, if you are using a shampoo which forms lather easily, you can add a few drops of water to use for your hair.
2. Do Not let Shampoo Droop on Your Face or Neck:
You should remember that you are washing out dirt and dusty from your hair. If you are letting the shampoo droop on your skin, dandruff and dust can spoil your skin. It is one of the causes of acne on the face and neck.
3. Rinse with Warm Water:
Always rinse with lukewarm water to rinse your hair. As lukewarm water will let your hair cuticles open and removes the dirt settled inside. It is also a better way to keep your hair moisturized and clean without oil.
Tips to Follow Before Hair Wash
- Oil your Hair and Leave Overnight: You wonder why your hair is not getting the natural shine and smoothness. If you are washing your hair without oiling it overnight, it is difficult to bring the natural shine to your hair. The hair must be soaked in oil and needs nourishment all over the night to get the shine naturally.
- Brush Your Hair Before Wash: This may be a known tip for many but many
dontfollow. So, skipping this simple step can be the reason for hair fall more or less. Soon after waking up, you go for hair wash with tangled hair and then you try to detangle it after the hair wash. While you do the hair wash your hair becomes more tangled and more challenging for you to remove the tangles.
- Wet Your Hair Fully: You should never apply shampoo directly on dry hair. You must first, wet your hair and then shampoo. This way lather forms better than on dry or half dried hair. You will also use less shampoo doing this way.
Tips to Follow After Hair Wash
- Remove Excess Water From Hair: Generally, women tend to wrap the hair in towel tightly. This is a big mistake that is doing all these days. So, you must remove the excess water from your hair first and then let it be loose without a knot to dry easily.
- Remove Tangles When Hair is Wet: You must have been noticed that, wet hair can remove tangles easily than when dried. So, you must do the hair detangle process when the hair is wet. Now, try brushing through your wet hair and find there you will find the difference.
- Let Dry Properly: You may sometimes tend to knot your hair without drying it properly. Wet can easily make the hair weaker and it may lead to breakage. So, must try to dry your hair before doing any styling.
- Use a Wide Comb to Detangle: You must use a wide-toothed brush to detangle your hair. This will help you to detangle the hair and remove the formed knots easily. Always, try to remove the tangles at the ends, then middle part of the hair and at last roots. Dragging straightway from the top is harsh and forms hard knots, then you have to call it hair loss.
- Do Not Use Much Heat: Natural hair can only take the heat up to 350°F (180°C). Beyond the suggested heat, your hair will become rough and damaged. Hair needs a softer touch to keep it silky and shiny.
Also read this: 5 Effective Methods of Hair Steaming At Home
If you have never followed these tips, now start following them. As you have reasons and benefits for each tip, you cannot neglect them for your hair. You can save a few hairs that you are losing daily and get that shiny hair by following all the above tips. As they are simple to try, you must start implementing it from your next hair wash.