Arms are the most neglected part of a woman’s body when it comes to exercises. Women often think lifting weight and doing arm exercises will make them bulky like men. It will not. This negligence and myth finally leads to flabby arms which just refuse to go away. Having flabby arms can restrict your clothing choices and keep you from wearing so many pretty dresses you would want to wear. So, if you’re serious about losing some arm fat and get rid of saggy arms quick, here is what you should know-
What causes Flabby Arms?
With growing age, our lifestyles tend to become less active. As children, we go out and play every day, with young adults it comes down to weekends, and later the playing out just stops, and life revolves around an office desk. The growing range of hormones also make it easier for fat to increase and lean muscle typically decreases. This results in fat accumulation also because lower exercise hampers your metabolic rates and lesser calories are burnt by just sitting at a single place.
For some people, their skin might be to blame. Skin can lose its elasticity and the gravity is acting on their arms can make them flabby and sag down. This can be avoided by exercising regularly. The skin can regain its elasticity with time, and your arms will be free of all the flab.
Here are 8 Amazing easy exercises you can do at home that will show you how to get rid of flabby arms.
Easy Home Exercises To Reduce Flabby Arms-
1. Push Ups-
Push ups develop arm strength and build muscles in the arms, kicking away arm fat. It is the most effective workout you can do at home to say goodbye to flab. Here is how you do it perfectly.
- Ideally, you should starts from high plank position.
- Place your hands firmly on the floor directly under your shoulders and keep your body aligned and back straight. Do not slouch.
- Now, slowly lower your body towards the ground until you reach a position like a picture above.
- Exhale, while you slowly go back to the higher plank position.
- For best results, repeat at least 10 to 20 times every day.
2. Tricep Kickbacks-
This exercise is to tone your triceps. It is a group 3 muscles that work together to help you bend or extend your elbow. With triceps kick back you can achieve a consolidated muscle dent and flab will go away.
- You will need light weights for this exercise. If you do not have dumbbells at home, you may use 2 one liter bottles as weight.
- Stand with your legs slightly apart and hold weights in both the arms.
- Now bend down a little keeping your back straight and bend forward.
- Keep your arms close to your body and the forearm and upper arm should be at 90-degree angle.
- Keep your shoulders fixed and moved your arms backward (refer image).
- Hold for a second and regain the position of your arm.
- Repeat 20 times for a set. You can do a 2-3 set at a time.
3. Bench Dips-
This exercise also works on your triceps as well as your pectorals and shoulder muscles. It will gain the elasticity of your arms. For this exercise, you will need a chair. Any normal chair or bench will do.
- Sit on the edge of your chair with your hands placed on the sides and hold the edge on the chair.
- Extend your legs in front of you. Close together and straight.
- Now, keeping your back straight, slowly lower your body towards the ground till your arms form a 90-degree angle.
- Go back to your previous position by straightening your arms.
- Repeat this a 20times.
4. Bicep Curls-
This exercise is a simple way to maintain your arm muscles and regain shape prior to having flabby arms.
- Stand straight with feet slightly apart and hold weights in both hands.
- Let your arms be a relaxed position at your sides.
- Lift put the weight slowly until your forearms touch your chest.
- Slowly lower down your arm back to the starting position.
- Repeat a few sets.
5. Arm Circles-
This simple exercise can be done sitting at any place. Even your office. All you need is two minutes. It is extremely effective in reducing arm bulge and toning arm fat. It is also one of the most effective underarms exercises.
- Stretch your arms out parallel to the ground.
- Rotate your arms in one direction making small imaginary circles in the air.
- Keep doing it constantly for two mins even if you feel the burn.
- Repeat in another direction.
- Do it 2 to 3 times a day.
6. Tricep extensions-
This will work extensively for your sagging arms, and it is a perfect exercise for flabby arms.
- Stand with your feet apart.
- Hold a single weight with both hands and hold it behind your back. Refer image.
- Lower the weight as far as you can go.
- Slowly bring it back to starting position.
- This will work well on your deltoid muscles and pull the flab out of your arms.
7. Dumbell press-
Another great flabby arms exercise is the dumbbell press. It works on the targetted area with great precision, and you will soon find the difference when you work out with this exercise.
- Start with your legs apart and hold the weights in both your hands at shoulder level.
- Push-up the weights as though touching the weights at a height above your head.
- Now slowly come back to the start position.
- Repeat for two mins.
8. Side Raises-
This is the simplest but one of the best exercises for flabby arms this will show you exactly how to reduce flabby arms and tighten your skin after.
- Hold your weights in both hands and stand with your legs apart slightly.
- Lift the weights to the side of your body until it is parallel to the ground
- Hold for 2 seconds
- Go back to the starting position.
- Repeat for 3 minutes.
All these flabby arm exercises will give you definite results when you follow them with regularity. Complement it with clean food, a round of 20mins of cardio along with daily home exercises and these will prove to be the best exercises for flabby arms.