What is Keratin?
Should I Get A Keratin Treatment?
Benefits of Keratin Treatment:
- You can bid farewell to frizzy hair. You can even go out in rain, without any worry of getting your hair messed up or fluffy.
- A keratin hair treatment shortens the blow dry time by nearly 50 as compared to styling and straightening hair frizzy hair everyday.
- It helps in removing residue of shampoo, harsh chemicals, and hard water from your hair strands.
- It helps to prevent split ends and in turn, you can get rid of slow or no hair growth due to split ends. With keratin your hair growth improves.
- You get better looking hair if color is applied to a keratin smooth hair than a normal hair.
- It helps you get rid of hair breakage.
- The keratin treatment helps to retain the hair moisture and as a result, you get rid of the dullness.
- The hair becomes healthier and appears smoother.
- It takes lesser time to style it and can be styled in different manners be it wavy or straight.
- It can be done on any kind of hair irrespective of your gender. It is a universal treatment used by both men and women.
- Keratin treatment has low maintenance. Maintaining keratin treated hair is cost-effective and pocket-friendly.
- The volume of your hair is not affected.
- Keratin treatment gives the hair a shiny luxurious look and enhances the texture.
Does Keratin work?
Keratin Hair Straightening
Keratin Treatment for Curly Hair
Keratin Treatment Side Effects
- The keratin hair straightening products, might contain formaldehyde which when inhaled by some people can cause nausea, throat itching, eye irritation, and skin issues as well.
- Though some of the products are labelled formaldehyde-free they may contain formalin or methylene glycol which can cause the same problems and side effects as formaldehyde.
- Visit a reputed salon and ensure that the treatment is done by maintaining all the safety precautions and by applying a good quality and formaldehyde-free products.
- After going through with the keratin hair treatment we cannot wash or shampoo the hair for a couple of days
- After these couple of days, we can wash our hair only with a specific shampoo and conditioner in order to not damage the newly treated hair.
- The shampoo and conditioner we use must be sulphate free, and preferably ones that are advised by our stylist at the salon or the ones that come along with the hair straightening product.
- The treatment is a bit costly.
- While we go for swimming we must ensure not to wet the hair, the chlorine can make the keratin effect damaged and go away sooner than it should.