One of the most neglected areas of fitness routines is Legs. They are an integral part of a healthy body but more often than not, women neglect focusing on the legs during a workout. It is the cardio and arms exercises that a lot of them follow but only a few women know how to workout the legs for a more toned and overall healthy body. Legs can be sometimes really tricky to work out on as the muscular cramps on the first workout will deter you from keeping up with the exercise. But with little dedication and a lot of effort, Those sexy Legs are really simple to achieve. We have made a list of 10 best leg exercises for women that will give you perfectly shaped legs, that you have always wanted.
Leg Exercises For Losing Fat.
Lunges target the quadriceps. They also work on the hamstring, glutes calves and core muscles. These are extremely effective in toning the lower body. One of the best leg workouts for women.
- Stand Straight with your feet apart and arms on the side of your body.
- Take the left foot forward about 2 feet and place it firmly on the floor.
- Bend the right knee to the extent that the right foot rests on the toes.
- You can hold light dumbells to increase the effectiveness of these lunges.
- Come back to starting position.
- Repeat with other leg.
- Keep in mind to maintain the 90-degree angle in both feet while bending forward.
- Repeat a set of 10 reps at least 3 to 4 times.
- Stand straight with your feet a few apart.
- Push back your hips like you are sitting but keep the 90-degree angle with your knees and bend down while doing it.
- Keep the back perfectly straight and do not slouch.
- Slowly stand back to starting position.
- Repeat 10 times and do at least 3 sets.
3. Jumping Jacks-
It is a high energy consuming exercise and it is really effective in losing overall body weight.
- Stand with your legs together.
- Stand with your hand on the sides.
- Jump up with your feet spreading sideways and arms raising up and meeting above your head.
- Jump and come back to starting position
- Repeat this for 2 mins.
- Stand with your feet apart, enough to sustain your body weight on your legs.
- Keep your hands on the sides and hold two medium or lightweight dumbells.
- Start bending your knees and pushing your hips back to maintain the natural curve of your back. Do not slouch.
- Stop bending when the dumbbells touch the floor.
- Slowly rise and go back to the starting position.
- Repeat this for 10 times and Do 2 sets each day.
5. Mountain Climber-
- Start with the push up position on the floor.
- Keep your back straight and maintain your posture in a straight line from heel to head.
- Now slowly bring forward your left foot as close possible to your chest.
- Slowly get back to starting position.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Do 10 reps each and 2 sets a minimum of this exercise.
6. Lateral Jumps-
- Stand with both your feet together and arms on the sides.
- Place a jump rope on the right side.
- Now, Jump laterally with lifting right leg first and left following immediately.
- Land on both the feet on the other side of the rope.
- Repeat on the opposite side too. This is one of the best leg workouts at home for women
- You may do it for at least 2 mins each.
7. Side Leg Raises-
- Lie down on one side of your body. Say left.
- Keep left hand as a support for your head and right leg stacked up on the bottom left leg.
- Keep the right hand on the floor in front of your chest.
- Slowly raise your leg straight up in the air till as far as you can go.
- Hole it for a few seconds and then slowly return to start position.
- Keep doing this side for 10 to 20 or more repetitions.
- Flip on the other side and repeat for the other side same number of times.
- First rule of running is to wear comfortable shoes. Something with a good grip, soft sole, and a better hold.
- Keep your hands and shoulders straight and do not slouch or bend.
- Keep swinging your arms while running.
- Regulate your breathing, for best result, do not breathe through your mouth as far as possible it will drain you out fast.
- Always land on your heel first then slowly middle and then use your toes only to push ahead.
- Slowly increase speed do not run excessively on the first day itself.
- Start with your body standing straight and steady.
- Hold the rope in your hand and place them near your sides.
- Jump and complete a circle of rope. Do not jump too high. It will unnecessarily drain you very quickly.
- Keep elbows close to your body and only swing your wrists to move the rope not the entire hand.
10. Step Jogging-
- Take an exercising step and place it in front of you.
- Wear comfortable shoes and adjust the step to your comfort level.
- Lift one foot and land on the step, immediately followed by another foot stepping up on the step.
- Continue stepping with your first foot going first and the second following suit.
- Continue step jogging for slow speed initially only later increase the speed.
- Continue till as much as you can stretch. This is a great full body toning exercise that will keep your legs healthy and toned.
Follow these easy to do at home, leg workouts for well toned thighs and calves. For best results follow these leg exercises with a proper diet and achieve the results even faster.