Dry skin is one of the most common problems, all of us are facing these days. No matter whatever you do, it doesn’t seem to heal. Itching, is considered to be the most common symptoms of dry skin.
Dry skin is also one of the most common symptoms during winters. Dry skin is caused because of the lack of appropriate amount of water in the superficial layer of the skin. Sometimes it is also caused because of the diminishing amount of lubricants and natural oils from the skin. For some people dry skin can last for about days or a few weeks, but some tend to suffer more from this with severe long term skin problem. It is better, that if you are facing severe problem with dry skin, you must consider consulting your dermatologist immediately. But, for others who have mild problems because of the winter or lack of moisture in the skin, here are 9 best home remedies for dry skin, and look amazing everyday just in home.
Best Nourishing Home Remedies For Dry Skin
- Honey is considered to be the best natural moisturizer that is loaded with a lot of antioxidants, humectant, and antimicrobial properties.
- The properties in it, helps to lock the moisture and can make your skin extra smooth and soft.
- Plus, honey also has many more essential minerals and vitamins, which can help in improving your skin’s health.
- Rub honey all over your body before taking shower or bath. Remember to leave it for at least of five to ten minutes. Also, make sure to repeat it daily for well moisturization.
- Even you can also; mix measurable amount of unprocessed honey, olive oil, and beeswax, in a small pan and lower heat them. Then after removing from the heat, mix it with honey and olive oil. Remember to apply this mixture all over the body and then leave it for 10 minutes. Remember to repeat daily before taking a shower.
- Coconut oil is considered to be a really good ingredient to treat dry skin. It has a lot of good amount of fatty acids, which can make up for any kind of moisture loss from the skin.
- Apply warm coconut oil all over your body before you go to sleep, then wash it off properly in the morning. Repeat this process daily to make the skin soft as well as smooth.
- You can also apply coconut oil, on the dry skin, after you take a bath. It is because at that point of time your skin is supple and warm from the bath and the oil can be readily absorbed.
- The lactic acid that is present in the milk cream can help in exfoliating the dry skin.
- The soothing nature of the milk cream can sometimes, help to preserve the skin’s pH levels. Milk cream is also a very excellent moisturizer.
- Mix few drops of lemon juice, one teaspoon of milk, and two teaspoons of milk cream. Then rub them on your hands as well as legs. Try to leave it on for a while, before taking a shower. Try to do this once every day.
- Add milk cream with three to four tablespoons of gram flour to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on your face, hands as well as legs. Leave the paste on for fifteen minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat this once every day for noticeable effect.
- There are many healthy fatty acids as well as antioxidants present in the olive oil, which are very beneficial for a healthy skin. It can help in soothing as well as conditioning dry skin all over the body.
You can just;
- Dab some thin layer of extra virgin olive oil on your moisturizer, or you can even try rubbing some olive oil on your legs, hands, and other areas of your body, half an hour before you take a bath. Try to massage lightly over the dry skin. After the shower, you can apply a light moisturizer.
- You can also mix two tablespoons of olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, and four tablespoons of fine brown sugar. Then, rub this homemade scrub on your skin in light circular motion for a few minutes. Take a shower and then apply light moisturizer.
- The best home remedy for dry skin care, castor oil is the most important ingredients. Castor oil has the power to reduce sunburn, dry skin, stretch marks, and acne.
- It can also help in avoiding infection from athlete’s foot and chronic itching. Castor oil can effectively treat ringworms, a very common problem across many age groups.
- It can also stimulate the production of elastin and collagen. Elastin is a kind of protein in connective tissue, which allows the body to resume the shape after stretching. It also helps the skin to return to the original position when stretched.
- Apply the layer of castor oil all over the body, before you take a bath. Remember to leave it for 10 minutes, before washing off with water.
- One of the most well-known home remedies for dry skin this winter, also includes almond oil.
- Some of the health benefits of almond oil are; lowering cholesterol level, reducing the risk of heart attack, the protection of the artery walls from the damage, providing healthy fats, building strong bones and teeth, controlling blood sugar levels, helping in weight loss, improvement in brain function, nourishment of the nervous system and many more.
- It also helps in improving the condition as well as the appearance of the skin. It is very rich in vitamin E and is also known to be the best lubrication for dry skin.
- Heat some almond oil in a bowl, and then apply the warm oil all over your body before you take a bath. Leave the oil for at least about 30 minutes and wash them off with water.
- Avocado oil has a very effective nourishing home remedy for your dry skin. It is very high in plant steroids, which can also help in reducing wrinkles, spots, and hyperpigmentation.
- It is also very rich in vitamin E, that helps in protecting from skin damage, which is caused by free radicals and oxidative stress.
- It is also a great source of Omega 3 fatty acids, which helps in increasing collagen production and reduction of skin cancer.
- It is also, very ideal nourishment for dry and damaged skin, because it can help in rejuvenating and regenerating skin cells.
- Mix one cup of honey, with four tablespoons of Avocado oil. Now apply this mixture on your entire body, before you take a bath. Remember to leave the mixture for fifteen minutes, before washing off with water.
- Ghee is the most effective home remedies treatment for dry skin. It can help in activating secretion and sebum in the skin.
- Ghee has rich fat soluble of vitamin A, D and E. This simple Ayurveda method can also help in relieving from burned wounds, and scars. It also has natural skin moisturizer ingredients.
- Some pure ghee on your skin or affected area with a very slow and circular motion, so that it can be properly absorbed in the skin.
- Leave the process on for a few hours before washing off with water.
- You can hydrate your skin with glycerin, because glycerin can help your skin absorb as well as retain moisture.
- Glycerin is composed of oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen.
- It can make your skin smooth, helps in retaining skin water, cures pimples, blackheads and acne.
- It is also beneficial to remove the clogged impurities from the skin.
During older days,
- Glycerin was an effective home remedy. It was mixed with lemon juice and rose water in equal proportions and was applied on the face overnight. You can also store this mixture in a bottle in the refrigerator. Try to apply it regularly.