Losing weight does not mean starving. Though it is a very challenging and strenuous activity. But with the below VEGETARIAN diet to lose weight in 3 weeks in a sustained manners, you can ensure a balanced long term weight loss and healthy lifestyle. Weight under standard body mass index is a dream for most women, but even more important is a healthy way to reach the same. Challenge comes, how to lose weight without starving and sustain that too. We bring you a diet which is sure to bring you great results provided you have no sugary- or carbohydrate rich indulgence. Just 3 weeks and you can lose around 10-15 pounds.
Vegetarian Diet to lose weight in 3 weeks in a sustained manner comprises a balance of nutrients to keep you healthy. We also have some power packed soups that would help you to satiate your hunger pangs and also maintain your diet plan. The diet plan for a day comprises 5 meals and unlimited soup intake.
Vegetarian Diet To Lose Weight
The timing for the meal is the key, so have your breakfast around 7.30-8 am. A Protein packed beginning will ensure you stay active and energized for your day. Kick start your day effectively and with tasty protein meals to stay full for long. Cut the caffeine and substitute with decaffeinated coffee or green tea
- A bowl of cereal with milk
- Fruits and fresh juice
- Whole grain bread with tofu
- Sweet potato with milk
- Peanut butter on whole grain bread
- Oatmeal with diced fruits
- Banana and nut based smoothies
- Porridge with milk
- Honey and whole grain toast
- Banana bread and banana muffins
2Mid morning snack
About 10-10.30 am have a fulfilling and healthy round of snacks. This will keep you energized till lunch. This snack is very important to satiate the hunger pangs, which can lead to impulsive lunch cravings. This snack has to be light and just finger foods, handy even in the office or at home. This comprises
- Almonds and chia seeds
- Peanuts and pistassio
- Protein bars or oat bars
- Honey lemon tea with whole grain crackers
- Smoothies with nut, fruit and vegetable mixes
- Fat free yogurt drinks
- Fresh lemonade or green tea or lemon tea
3Lunch with salad
Around 12.30-1pm have lunch, including loads of green vegetables and whole grain bread (roti) This will add necessary minerals and vitamins in addition to roughage. The oil or butter inclusion should be the bare minimum. Also lesser spices to consume more vegetables. Substitute red chilly powder with fresh green chilly or black pepper powder. Eat more of salads and vegetables and less bread or roti. Remember do not drink water in between. Some vegetables rich in fiber and minerals and iron are:
- Cauliflower and broccoli
- Bottle guard and gourd
- Green beans
Around 4.30-5pm: This part of the day is most challenging for anyone. It is around 4 to 5 that most of us break on the diet chart and indulge in guilty pleasures. So this time snacks have to be tasty, healthy and most importantly flavorful. For tea-time snack most ideal in my experience is Idli (a savory cake made of rice and lentil) or Poha or Upma or quinoa. Add carrot, tomatoes and beetroot in good quantity too the preparation too .Take a glass of fresh pineapple juice 15-20 minutes after the snack. Also highlighting add vegetables specially tomatoes to this snack. Enlisting the ideas for this snack:
- Idli with no-oil coriander chutny
- Poha or upma or quinoa with vegetables and less oil
- Sweet potatoes
- Curd and tomato/carrots/cucumber
- Nuts and cheese strings
- A GLASS OF PINAPPLE JUICE 15-20 MINUTES AFTER SNACK IS THE KEY
Have Dinner around 7.30-8pm. Keep it light and simple with brown rice and beans cooked with vegetables. Brown rice is extremely rich in protein and fibers. But it is difficult to develop taste for the same. My idea is to soak the brown rice in water for at least 2 hours before cooking. And add tomato while preparing so that it adds tangy tomato flavor. Do not drink water with or soon after dinner. And do not consume curd or any dairy product in dinner. Drink water after at least 60 minutes post dinner.
DON’Ts when following the diet chart:
- Do not consume sugar in juice and drinks at all.
- Do not drink water immediately after eating, at least not in the first 30 minutes.
- Stay away from caffeine, or restrict for once a day black tea or black coffee.
- Curd and milk should be taken only before 5 pm.
- Fresh Pineapple juice is a mandate 15-20 minutes post evening snack and DO NOT EAT /DRINK ANYTHING 45-60 minutes thereafter.
- Drink plenty of water and if possible ginger-honey-lemonade.
- Take more tofu, oats and quinoa instead of white rice or bread
- UNLIMITED SOUP CAN BE TAKEN ANYTME DURING THE DAY BUT NOT AFTER DINNER. THIS SOUP CONSISTS OF TOMATO, ONION, CAULIFLOER AND GARLIC (COOK AND BLEND IT, HAVE WITHOUT STRAIING)
- Do not follow this diet back to back, wait for 2-3 months before starting again
- Consult a doctor for any allergies before starting
Following the above diet I lost 15 pounds 4 times in last 5 years. The key has been avoiding sugar and fats, and following the diet with 15-20 minutes of workout a day. This vegetarian diet to lose weight in 3 weeks in a sustained manner, is rich in all elements that make for a balanced diet.
Happy eating for dieting!