The curd is a rich and fermented form of milk oozing with health and beauty benefits. The curd is made by bacterial fermentation of milk which means the healthy and active bacteria in curd are not only helpful for the gut and digestive system but also it helps in adding beauty and nourishment to skin and hair too. Curd can be used both consuming or applying on the body with utmost benefits.
Curd or popularly called as dahi in Hindi, doyi in Bengali, perugu in Telugu and thair in Tamil is a rich food item for the majority of Indian meals. The preparations range from plain curd to butter milk to rice or even in curries. The curd is a therapeutic aid to prevent a large number of ailments too.
Some beauty benefits of curd for face:
There are ample benefits that curd offers, as a pack or mask curd can be mixed with ample ingredients to make the most amazing and beneficial skin care items. Curd is an effective aid for curing skin deformities and also making the skin shiny radiant and soft. Some benefits of curd for face include:
- Curd moisturized the skin deeply and keeps the hydration locked under the pores for long. Curd increases the elasticity of our skin, which also improves the brightness.
- Curd also helps in reducing premature lines and wrinkles of aging. Lactic acid in curd makes it a great exfoliator. Thus scrubbing curd can remove the dead skin layer from face and give a juvenile look to our face
- Curd helps in curing pigmentation and discoloration on the skin. Acne and pimple scars make our face look less appealing and also cause embarrassment. Lactic acid in curd helps in removing the dark skin patches and blemishes. The cellular regeneration after dead skin removal can reduce the skin discoloration and patches
- Curd helps in curing and preventing acne. The curd is rich in zinc and lactic acid which help in correcting oily skin pores. Thus reducing and curing acne
- Curd helps in reducing dark circles. Anti-inflammatory properties in addition to the exfoliation properties help in reducing dark circles around eyes. Also, the lactic acid action soothes the puffiness of skin around eyes.
- Curd helps in soothing sun burn. Sunburns caused due to extreme rays from sun, damage and discolor the skin. The tanning and blistering can be reduced by curd as it has anti-inflammatory properties, in addition to zinc.
- Curd prevents major skin infections. Curd helps in fighting yeast infections on a face like ringworm and other infections. As curd is a rich natural probiotic is has least side effect for any skin type
- Curd also reduces hair fall, strengthens long shiny hair, acts as a hair conditioner and also treats dandruff.
Various Packs and Masks Using Curd for Face:
1- Apply curd mixed with lemon juice on your face and hand before heading out in sun for preventing from sun burn.
2- Curd and lemon juice mixed with honey face pack for clearing skin discoloration and blemishes. Keep this mask for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
3- Mix curd and olive oil to make a wonderful face mask for fighting premature aging lines and wrinkles. Keep this mask for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
4- Curd mixed with tomato juice to cure sun tan and blemished from exposure to UV rays of sun. Keep this mask for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
5- Apply curd mixed with egg on face for exfoliation and removal of dead skin. Keep this mask for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
6- For skin lightening and fairness mix curd with orange peel and blend to form a smooth paste. Keep this mask for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
7- To hydrate and make the facial skin supple mix curd and rose petals to blend and form a smooth paste and apply all over your face. Keep this mask for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
8- To remove dark spots from face mix curd and potato grated or juice. Apply on face and see amazing benefits of clear skin soon. Keep this mask for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
9- Curd and honey face mask for hydration and moisturizing the dry skin. Keep this mask for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
10- Curd and gram flour or besan face mask for oily skin to provide nourishment and care.Keep this mask for 10 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
11- Curd and turmeric or haldi face mask for glowing and disinfecting the skin. Keep this mask for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
12- Curd and cucumber face mask for soothing and preventing or curing tan. Keep this mask for 10 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat once a day
13- Curd and Multani mitti face mask for clearing excess oil off face, and improving and nourishing skin. Keep this mask for 20 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day
The above compilation on Some beauty benefits of curd for face is to help you get maximum benefits of this natural and rich ingredient available at every household. Be sure to check with your dermatologist before applying any of the above, as proceed with a patch test before applying on entire face. Share ahead and keep writing us, we love hearing from you!