Are you tired of eating plain paratha? Then try this Masala Tomato Onion Paratha recipe. This paratha is tasty and delicious. Moreover, this is perfect when you want to prepare something special. Serve this paratha with simple curd or any raita of your choice.
Preparation Time: 10 min; Cooking Time: 15 min; Servings- 3-4
- 3/4 cup -Whole Wheat Flour (gehun ka atta)
- Salt to Taste
- Whole Wheat Flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- Oil for brushing
- 6 tbsp- Finely Chopped Onions
- 3 tbsp Deseeded and Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 6 tsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Chili Powder to Taste
- Cumin seeds (jeera) powder to taste
- Oil for greasing and cooking
1. Mix wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
2. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
3. Roll each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using whole wheat flour.
4. Brush it evenly using a little oil.
5. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of onions, ½ tbsp tomatoes, 1 tsp coriander, salt, chili powder and cumin seeds powder evenly all over rolled roti.
6. Roll the paratha tightly from one end to another end.
7. Again roll it from one end to another end and then press it in between your palms to form a circle.
8. Roll the roti into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using whole wheat flour for rolling.
9. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
10. Cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in color from both the sides.
11. Serve hot.