Oily skin can literally take you through many tough times as the sebaceous glands are very over-active, and produces excess sebum, by contributing shiny, greasy-looking face with many skin concerns like acne, blackheads as well as whiteheads, enlarged or even clogged pores. Pollution and dirt can add to skin-bumps for those people with very oily skin. The solution for this type of skin is to keep the oil production in control by following simple skin care and beauty tips for oily skin. On the other hand, you should also know something positive about oily skin too.
Oily skins are very less prone to wrinkles and any other signs of aging primarily because of the oil, which can tend to lock the moisture into the epidermis, that is the outermost layer of your oily skin.
Beauty Tips For Oily Skin
1Causes of oily skin
People who are blessed with oily skin, can enjoy the advantage of having youthful as well as younger looking skin for a very longer period of time when compared with other skin types. But there are also several disadvantages that are related to oily skin such as excessive shine, or meltdown of the makeup and sudden breakout of the pimples as well as acne. So here are a few causes of oily skin:
Genetics can play a very important role into determining the type of skin you are having. If oily skin runs into the family, then there are many chances that you can have skin with large sebaceous glands which can secrete excess oil.
3Excessive use of skin care products
All of us experiment with a wider range of skin care products, in a quest to achieve smoother, fairer or even clearer skin. But remember that overuse of the creams, gels, scrubs or chemical peel process can promote oil production into the skin.
Sometimes the oil secretion rateby your skin can vary with many seasonal changes. Hot and humid weather, can increase the level of oil production in the skin. Dry and cold weather, can trigger excess oil production in order to compensate the dehydrated skin.
7Points and beauty tips for oily skin
- Remember to use lukewarm water for cleaning oily skin, as it can dissolve oil more effectively than the cold water. It can also help washing away the dirt as well as the impurities that have been deposited onto the skin and unclog the pores.
- One of the best beauty tips for oily skin to get clear skin more naturally is by cleaning regularly. Cleaning the face twice every day is enough to keep it clean. Do not overdo the cleaning process as it can over dry the skin and trigger the oil production from sebaceous glands.
- Try to use gel based cleaner, that contains salicylic acid, citric acid as well as glycolic acidl, which can help to reduce the dead skin cells that can clog the pores and lead to pimple outbreak.
- Try not to scrub too much. Exfoliating the skin two to three times every week is just more than enough to remove dead cells and blackheads. The skin is able to produce natural oils and store moisture, to keep it hydrated and fight the irritations. Overdoing the scrubbing strips on skin of the natural oils and moisture can make it more dry.
- Another most important aspects for oily skin care is the periodic application of the natural face masks that can help in soaking the excess oil from the skin and remove harmful bacteria from it. You can use soothing face masks that are made of fuller earth or multani mitti or sandalwood, every once in a week to soak the excess oil, remove the impurities and cool down the skin.
- As the summer starts, try to go low on the makeup. Substitute heavy foundation with tinted moisturizing creams that contains silicone and does not dissolve into the pores and then clog them. It can also help to create a barrier between the skin and heat.
- Try to control your temptation to touch the face with hands, as it can transfer additional oil, dirt as well as germs on the face making it more prone to the outbreaks. Scalp and the hair can produce oils, so try to pull them back and keep them away from the face during the summer and control excessive oiliness of the scalp by using many oily hair remedies.
- A toner must be inseparable from your oily skin care routine during the summer. You can use a toner to wipe off the excessive oily areas of the face like the forehead and around your nose. The presence of astringent properties on the toner can soothe and cool down the skin and shrink open pores, which can help in controlling the oil production.
- If the face gets too oily between the washings, then you can use medicated pad or even tissue to wipe the excess amount of oil from the face. This is considered as one of the quick as well as handy oily skin tips that can prevent the breakout of the pimples and the acne.
- Always watch on what you are eating. Those alluring cocktails or fried, oily food can appear very tempting, but remember that they can add extra oil to your skin making it more susceptible to the acne and pimples. Also, try to avoid food that is rich in oil and can substitute them with the food that is rich in vitamin A, such as, sweet potatoes, leafy greens such as kale, spinach, lettuce, red peppers, carrots, and fruits like cantaloupe, apricot, mango, etc.
- Remember to supply enough amount of water to the body and skin by drinking at least of eight to ten glasses of water every day.