Vegetable Spring Roll is a popular snack or starter. This is flaky spring rolls goes perfectly well with a cup of hot black tea or coffee. Spring Roll Recipe is a savory recipe from Chines Cuisine.
Preparation Time-30; Cooking time-45; Serving-3-4
- 7 spring roll wrappers (easily available in market)
For The Stuffing
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup sliced capsicum
- 1 cup thickly grated carrot
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup boiled hakka noodles
- 2 tsp schezwan sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- salt to taste
To Be Mixed Into A Maida-water Mixture
- 1/4 cup plain flour (maida)
- 4 tbsp water
- oil for deep-frying
- Schezwan sauce
For the stuffing
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and ginger and saute on a high flame for 30 seconds.
2. Add the onions and saute on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the capsicum and saute on a high flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the carrot, cabbage, noodles and cook on a high flame for 3 minutes, stir occasionally.
5. Switch off the flame, add the schezwan sauce, tomato ketchup and salt and mix well.
6. Keep it aside.
How to proceed
7. Divide the stuffing into 7 equal portions and keep it aside.
8. Place a wrapper on a clean, dry surface and place a portion of the filling mixture in one corner of the wrapper.
9. Roll over the wrapper till ¾ Th.
10. Fold over from both the sides one by one towards the center.
11. Finally roll it completely and seal the edge using a little maida-water mixture.
12. Heat the oil in a deep non- stick pan and deep-fry on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in color from all the sides.
13. Drain on an absorbent paper and cut each roll diagonally into 3 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
14. Serve it with sauce.
Also Read- Indo- Chines Recipe