Wouldn’t it be just great if there was just one simple ingredient, that covered all types of skin issues for all the different types of skin? Life would be so much easier then. Well, we thought about this so much that we just wanted to know what would be a close alternative.
Benefits of Tomatoes For Face
- Tomato contains antioxidants and certain enzymes that help reducing the activity of Tyrosinase enzyme that causes melanin secretion and darkening of colour in animals and certain plants. This is also called skin lightening properties in layman language.
- On applying it directly over skin tomatoes are known to exerts great anti-aging properties and slowly repair the skin.
- It contains the Lycopene carotene pigment that is phytochemical in nature and protects against the sun’s damage.
- Tomato is known to boost the production of collagen and Elastin thus reduces wrinkles, fine lines and dark spots on the skin.
- It has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Exfoliates skin and removes dead skin cells and reduces pore sizes too by tightening them.
- Tomato helps in balancing the pH f the skin and keeping it free from excess oil secretion and clogged pores.
Homemade Tomato Face Masks for Different Skin Types-
- Take a small tomato and make a paste out of it.
- Add 3 to 4 drops of tea tree oil
- Add 1 tsp of Jojoba oil.
- Mix together and apply all over your face and neck
- Leave it to dry for a good 15 minutes.
- Wash with warm water and pat dry.
Tea tree oil is an effective cure for acne. It is a great antiseptic that will not just prevent but also cure any acne you already have. Jojoba oil is a great deep moisturizer and it will hydrate your skin and also prevent your skin from producing excess oil that can clog your pores leading to acne. Tomato will bring radiance and glow to such acne free and healthy skin over time.
2. Tomato Face Mask for Fair Skin-
- Add 1 Tomato’s Pulp in a bowl.
- Add 2 tsp sandalwood powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- Mix it well and apply all over your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15 mins and wash with cold water.
- Repeat thrice every week.
This mask is a blessing for women who want to achieve fair skin and yet want to do it easily and at home. Sandalwood has immense skin benefits. The sandalwood in this mask will help you reduce any suntan, Lighten your skin tone naturally and give it a glowing radiance. Only in a few applications, you will start to notice a great improvement.
- Take a medium tomato and make pulp out of it.
- Add 1 tsp of freshly squeezed juice.
- 1 tsp Plain Yogurt or curd and mix well.
- Apply all over your face and neck and leave it to dry for 15 mins.
- Remove pack with a wet towel and wash face with cold water.
This mask is literally the best remedy for tan removal. Tomato is a great home remedy for tan removal on all types of skin and even on really bad burnt tan. The natural skin bleaching properties of all the above ingredients work in tandem and completely remove any kind of skin burns and heal the skin with its vitamin and mineral contents. Perfect after a beach vacation tan.
4. Tomato Face Mask for Dry Skin-
- Add pulp of one small tomato and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Mix it well and apply all over your face.
- Leave it on for about 15mins and wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat every alternate day for best result.
The olive oil and tomato is a perfect mask for the hydrating chronically dry skin. Olive oil is essentially a very good deep skin moisturiser. It will keep the skin healthy from within. Tomato will add radiance and try to keep skin blemishes away.
5. Tomato face mask for reducing pores-
- Add 2 tsp fullers earth or Multani Mitti in a bowl.
- Add 2 tsp of freshly squeezed tomato pulp and mix well.
- Apply this all over your face and neck and leave it to dry for 10 to 15 mins.
- Wash it off with plain water and follow up with a natural moisturizer.
- Repeat once every week.
Multani Mitti is known very well for removing deep rooted impurities and extracting out all the oil and clogged pores from your face and skin. This mask not just helps you achieve that but it also has a tightening effect on the skin pores. The acid from tomato will disinfect the pores and improve the skin health.
- Add 2 tsp of freshly squeezed tomato juice.
- Add 2 tsp of fresh cucumber juice.
- Take a cotton pad and apply this mixture all over your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 15 mins and wash with plain water.
Cucumber is a coolant and it is known to soothe skin and reduce the irritation of the skin. Oily skin usually tends to have large open pores that can make skin very greasy and shiny. Cucumber juice is known to balance the pH of your skin and reduce oil secretion by neutralizing the skin pH. Tomato on the other hand deeply penetrates and cures skin bacteria and makes your skin healthy and less prone to acne.
7. Tomato Face Mask for Blemishes-
- The freshly extracted pulp of a medium tomato.
- Add 2 tsp Honey and mix well.
- Apply this all over your face and neck and leave to dry.
- After 15 mins of applying the face pack, rinse it with warm water.
- Pat dry and apply moisturizer.
Honey is an excellent natural bleaching agent. It is a perfect ingredient to keep all the blemishes away. It will lighten all the marks and spots on your face and keep them away forever. Tomato will bring about a healthy glow on your face making it look fresh and radiant.
- Add pulp of 1 tomato in a bowl and add 1 tsp Yogurt to it.
- Slowly add Oats to it mixing well, till it reaches a thick consistency.
- Apply a layer all over the face and leave it on for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins rub off the mask slowly in circular motion.
- Wash your face and remove all leftover bits.
This mask is a painless way of getting rid of any clogged acne and blackheads in particular. The Oatmeal in this face pack acts as an exfoliant when wet and on drying it attached itself to the deep rooted impurity. On rubbing it off, it will pull out the blackheads and make your skin free on blackhead and the ugly dirt that is fixed in them. Keep using this mask twice a week initially and then only once every few days for best results.
9. Tomato face mask for Dark circles-
- 1 tsp tomato juice and 1 tsp Aloe Vera Gel.
- Mis it well and soak two cotton balls in it for 1 min.
- Spread the cotton to form a sheet and keep it over your eyes for 10 mins.
- Remove and wipe your eyes with a wet cloth.
Like cucumber aloe vera is also an excellent remedy for dark circles. Aloe vera will soothe and reduce inflammation of under eye bags. Tomato with its natural bleaching properties will reduce the dark pigmentation of under eyes and make your face free from under eye circles.
10. Tomato Face Mask for Inflamed skin-
The above mask can also be a great cure for an inflammed and puffy skin.
- Just add the gel on one medium aloe leaf and the pulp of 1 tomato together,
- Mix well and apply all over neck and face.
- Leave it on for 15 mins and wash it with water.
The aloe vera gel is a great remedy for reducing skin inflammation and soothe the skin completely. It is also great to relax your skin before applying product for various skin issues. This mask serves as a great base for every other type of treatment. Tomato only makes it better with its skin polishing effects.
With so many amazing benefits of these ultimate tomato face masks, we have saved you so much of money, energy and time. All you need is some tomatoes and basic kitchen supplies for a skin that is free from all types of issues. When you try these tomato face masks on and simply fall in love with their amazing results, Don’t forget to thank us. Good Day!