Power Yoga is basically derived from Ashthanga Yoga. Ashthanga Yoga, basically involves synchronizing your breath with a progressive series of the postures in a process to produce intense internal heat as well as profuse, sweat that can help to detoxify the muscles and the organs. The result in it is improved blood circulation, a strong body, and a calm mind. Among one of the amazing benefits of power yoga for weight loss.
Power Yoga on a general term is described as a vigorous, fitness based approach to the Vinyasa style yoga. Power yoga has gained a lot of popularity around the world because it can give you a whole body workout, with flexibility, strength building, toning, and functional movements, that can also elicit properties of a good aerobics or gym cardio session. Power yoga is basically one of the modern forms of yoga as it has been adapted by taking all the learnings of yoga and then uniting them with more urgent need of weight loss as well as fitness, by making yoga an upbeat and current form of exercise. The application of fast pace in the power yoga is what make it more popular, as what the most people do not feel that they are having a good workout unless they are profusely sweating or have a high heart rate. So here, are power yoga for weight loss.
Benefits of Power Yoga
- It can help to burn a lot of calories
- It can increase the stamina, flexibility, strength as well as tone the body to the core.
- It can help to increase the metabolism
- It can alleviate the stress and the tension to improve focus.
- It can increase the flexibility and the strength in glutes and many other inactive muscles.
Power Yoga For Weight Loss
1Veerabhadrasana or warrior pose
The Warrior Pose or Veerabhadrasana is considered as one of the best yoga poses that can be done for weight loss. It helps to strengthen and tone the arms, shoulders, thighs as well as the back muscles at the same time. It is also an effective yoga for the people who have back problems, because it can increase the overall balance as well as the stamina.
- For this pose, first you need to stand straight with the legs far apart.
- Bring the hands up above the head and the stretch them out.
- Clasp both of your hands together in Namaste and turn the torso to your right side.
- You right knee can bend slightly while stretching the abdominal muscles as much as possible.
- Close the eyes and then count for thirty seconds to a minute.
- Repeat the same procedure with the other leg.
- This posture can help to tighten the muscles and tone the legs giving a very good body strength.
- Try to repeat the posture two to three times both sides.
2Veerabhadrasana II or warrior pose II
Warrior Pose II is also considered as one of the most effective exercises for the stomach and thighs. It can tighten the hips, strengthen as well as tone the thighs, work on the abdominal muscles and the organs and aids in enhancing the stamina and the concentration. It can also help to energize the strained limbs and get rid of upper arm flab. This yoga pose is same as the above warrior pose I. It can give the same effect on the tummy and the legs. Yet done in a more different way.
- First stand with the legs placed away from each another.
- Move the right foot to the side and bend your knee so that the thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Raise your hands on the two sides keeping them parallel to the floor and look straight.
- Now count for thirty seconds to a minute and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the same pose on the other side.
- Try to do the exercise at least for two to three times, both the sides.
- By doing this pose, the abdomen muscles get stretched.
3Setubandha-sarvangasana or Bridge Pose
Boat Pose or Setubandha-sarvangasana is thought to be one of the power packed flat tummy exercise that can cut out fat from the abdomen by toning as well as strengthening the abdominal muscles, along the hip flexors and the spine. It can also help to tone the arm and the leg muscles, helps in the digestion and stimulate the thyroid glands and the kidneys. It is also one of the best yoga exercises for the neck pain.
- First lie down on the back with the feet joined and the hands by the side.
- While exhaling, lift the head and the chest off the ground and then stretch the hands towards the feet.
- Try to hold the position for thirty seconds to a minute while feeling the stretch and the tension in the abdomen muscles and navel, try to breath normally.
- Exhale slowly return to the start position.
- Try to repeat the pose for three to four times.
- This pose can increase the muscle strength.
- If you feeling like to add the variation to the pose, try to lift up one leg in the air for at least twenty seconds. You must repeat the same with the other leg.