While many people think that Andhra special could easily be one of the most difficult treats you can prepare for your family, we shout aloud and tell you that, it isn’t at all! Hyderabadi Biriyani is easily one of the most wanted dishes in every Biriyani lover’s house. Making it for a party or a simple dinner, this could make a lot of people fall in love with your cooking. All you need for this amazing dish is the proportionate amount of rice, spices, chicken and bam! You get your tasty Biriyani ready!
Here’s the recipe of Hyderabadi Biriyani that can make a great start to a lovely function or a weekend.
• 1 kg chicken
• 2Tbsp salt
• 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste or depends on the quantity
• 1 Tbsp red chilli paste
• 2 Tbsp green chilli paste sauteed brown onions to taste
• Very less cardamom paste or powder
• 3-4 sticks cinnamon for taste
• 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
• 5 cloves pinch of mace mint leaves to taste
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice or 300 gm of curd
• 4 Tbsp clarified butter, in case you are making it rich and tastier
• 750 gm semi cooked rice for a family of 5
• 1 tsp saffron
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup of oil
• Start off with cleaning with meat. You should make sure, you clean it properly so you get the taste entered into the meat.
• In a pan, add meat, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, green chilli paste, onions and sautee till it turns brown. After a while, add the already fried cardamom powder, cloves, cumin seeds, cinnamon, mace, mint leaves and lemon juice.
• Wait for the entire mixture to become brownish in color and mix it until you know it has cooked and you can smell the flavor
• Now is the time for you to add curd, butter and the semi cooked rice. Once you add all of this, add a little of saffron powder and the half cup of water. Mix it completely well.
• After some time of boiling, taste and close the pan using the lid. Cover the lid and let it cook for 20-25 minutes approx.
• After sometime, keep the cooker in the side and let it cool. Open and relish the amazing Biriyani with sliced carrots, boiled eggs and onion+tomato raita.
• The specialty of this amazing dish is that it’s very simple and can make a great meal for both lunch and dinner.
Also, know the different kinds of Biriyanis you can cook!