One of the easiest and quickest of all kinds of Brinjal dishes with simple ingredients. It also makes the healthiest snack, if not you can also enjoy this as a side dish. Take a glance over the brinjal fry recipe preparation process given underneath.
- 3-4 Brinjals (medium sized)
- 1tsp Sambar podi
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- Pinch of Asafoetida Powder
- 1tsp Salt
[Read: Masala Cashew Vegetarian Recipe]
Method of Preparation
- Wash and cut the Brinjal’s into ¼-inch thick round pieces and put them in water.
- Wash well, take it out from water, and put it in a broad vessel.
- Add asafoetida, salt, turmeric and sambar powder to it.
Sprinkle little water and mix well. Keep aside for ten to fifteen minutes.
- In a flat non-stick pan, put some oil and heat it.
- Now, arrange the Brinjal pieces in a single layer, and cover with lid.
- Cook on low flame for 5-10 minutes, by turning it over now and then.
- Then, remove the lid and turn the brinjal pieces and keep it on low flame on stove till it is dry.
- It can also be served as a side dish with rice or you can even put these pieces with grilled bread slices and serve them as a sandwich.