Japanese women are known for their firm and flawless skin, and also the exotic beauty rituals they follow. They bathe in the leftover milky water, obtained by soaking uncooked rice. They also slather seaweed on their face and also camellia oil on their hair, to keep their skin soft as well as spotless, and the hair healthy and shiny. So, here are some rice water benefits and uses for your glowing skin and hair.
Benefits of Rice Water
1Reduces the pore size
Pores can give you the ugly look on the skin. To apply, damp a cotton ball into the rice water and then clean your skin with it. The rice water can act as an astringent, and can also help in tightening the pores, making it appear smaller. It can firm up the pores as well.
Acne is the most common problem, and the outburst of it can be easily treated with rice water. You apply it on the acne area, by just using the cotton ball. You can see the reduction of the redness effect.
Rice water is the most beneficial products, which can lighten and brighten your skin. Use rice water as your regular face wash to improve the glow on the face. This process can also improve your skin tone.
4Rice water hair care
- First of all pours the rice water on your hair, in a way that it reaches your scalp.
- Let the water stay for twenty minutes.
- Then, wash it with normal water, as well as apply your shampoo and conditioner.
- You can use the rice water as a face and body cleanser, it can wash the face or even the body.
- You can even use the rice water as a natural substitute for the regular toner, which can help in reducing the pore size of your skin. Another option is, just simply dab the rice water onto your face and then gently massage on your skin for a minute. If you use it regularly, then you can notice that your skin feels tight, soft, and radiant.
- You can add some few drops of essential oils on it, and use it as a moisturizing face mask for a perfect skin care.
- If you rinse your hair with rice water. Then it can even bring shine to the hair and can also help in keeping it healthy and strong. Even you can add some few drops of oil in the rice water. After shampooing, pour the rice water on the hair, gently massaging the scalp as well as the hair for four to five minutes. Then rinse thoroughly with some plain water. Do this process for once or twice a week, for more benefit.
- You can add rice water to the bath soaks to cleanse, rejuvenate as well as relaxing the body. Try filling a small muslin bag in half cup of rice, then place that muslin bag into the water and soak it in the tub.
- You can also make body scrub from the rice leftover from the rice water. To make the scrub, first grind the rice and then mix it with one or two teaspoons of olive oil as well as lemon juice, you can even add your favourite drops of essential oil. Then rub the scrub on your skin to nourish and exfoliate.