Applying mehndi on fresh clean hands is a feeling every girl loves since childhood, but even though we love all things related to mehndi, the smell the colour the festive look. Yet, somehow the drying mehndi colour with crackling skin peels is almost heartbreaking to go through. But what if we told you that you can have all the good things of the henna and not go through the pain of having mehndi colour on your hands for a long time? Well, it is possible. With some easy and simple DIYs, you can remove mehndi at home. With some simple ingredients and easy to follow steps know all the ways to remove mehndi at home.
Diys To Remove Mehndi At Home
1. Lemon Juice
- Take a bowl and squeeze in some fresh lemon juice.
- Take a cotton pad and soak it in lemon juice for a minute
- Using this soaked cotton pad rub it all over your hands.
- You can also soak your hands in warm lime water for a few minutes.
- Scrub your hands normally and wash off with warm water.
- Repeat it everyday till your mehndi is lightened.
- Make sure your hand has no cuts or else the lemon will sting really bad.
- Follow this routine with a good moisturiser.
Related Article: Best Bridal Mehndi Designs You Have Ever Seen
2. Hot Chlorine water
Chlorine is an amazing disinfectant and a bleaching agent. It is an advanced halogen that is extensive used throughout various sectors. Use of chlorine over your body can help you remove mehndi at home. Here is how to remove mehndi from hands using chlorine.
- Add 2 tsp chlorine powder in warm water.
- Let is dissolve and soak your hands in this water for a few minutes.
- Scrub your hands manually and soak again for 5 minutes.
- With plain water wash your hands and pat dry.
- Follow it up with a good moisturiser.
- This works almost instantly and you can see the change right from the first use.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
One of the most common solutions used in manicures and pedicures by the salon professionals is hydrogen peroxide. It softens your dry skin and removes them. It also bleaches your skin mildly and removes any dirt or dead skin cells. Hydrogen peroxide can be an effective remedy to remove mehndi at home. Here is how you can use it.
- Take a bowl full of water.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Hydrogen peroxide and mix it well.
- Soak your henna hands for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it with plain water and pat dry.
- This technique works almost from the first use. Do not repeat it twice a week. The results are almost instant. If not then it may not work for your skin types.
Also Read: Rajasthani Mehendi Designs For Brides
4. Hair Conditioners
This is one of those home remedies that has been used by women as a quick fix for removing unwanted mehndi colour from your hand. Hair conditioners are known to make in the colour base in organic dyes and remove them easily. Here is how to use it
- Squirt some hair conditioner on your hands
- apply it evenly over all the mehndi hands and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Rub your hands against each other gently and try to remove the colour.
- Wash your hands with clean water and pat dry.
- You can follow this technique twice a day till you achieve the desirable results.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is used as an effective remedy to remove Mehndi from hands. It is a natural bleaching agent, like lime juice and is used to remove stains after so many things. using baking soda to remove mehndi from your hands, is one of the most common methods. In order to use this simple technique, here is what you should do.
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda in a bowl
- Add 2 teaspoon of fresh lime juice to it and make a paste.
- Apply this paste all over your hands and leave it on for 10 minutes
- using a body scrub, monthly exfoliate your hands.
- you wash your hands with warm water and pat dry.
- Follow it up with a good moisturizer to keep your hands hydrated.
6. Olive Oil
One of the most easiest and more mild ways of removing Mehndi colour from your hands is by using olive oil massage. olive oil acts as an emulsifier and it slowly removes unwanted Mehndi stains. you canUse this technique multiple number of times throughout the day to remove your Henna at home, and still your hands will not suffer any damage. Here is how to use olive oil as a Mehndi remover.
- Dip a few cotton swabs In olive oil.
- Apply this olive oil all over your hand and mehndi.
- For better results rub a Pinch of salt over your hands and spread it gently.
- Let it remain for 10 minutes, then use warm water to wash your hands.
- You can repeat this process multiple times throughout the day tell you achieve your desired results.
7. Salt water
One of the most effective ways to carry out a perfect manicure, is warm salt water soak. Salt water is a great way to remove dead skin cells and it has good skin lightening properties. if you want a DIY Remove mehndi from hands technique, salt water is a great solution. This is how to use it.
- Add 3 tbsp salt to a bowl of warm water.
- Soak your hands in it for a good 15 minutes.
- Remove your hands and gently rub it.
- Now rinse your hands with normal water.
- Follow it up with a good moisturizer.
- This technique is a great DIY remove mehndi from hands technique.
Toothpaste is a great way to remove stains from silver ware, Jewellery and even unwanted mehndi colour from your hand. Toothpaste is known to pull out the deepest impurities and remove stains not this from your teeth but in this case also Mehndi from your hands. To use toothpaste in Mehndi removal, here are the steps you should follow.
- Squirt out a little bit of toothpaste on your hands.
- Apply it all over your mehndi, or Henna stains.
- Rub it gently with your hands but do not be very harsh.
- Keep it on for at least 5 minutes and then wash your hands with warm water.
- You can repeat this method every alternate days
- Toothpaste is a great way to Naturally remove mehndi from your hands.
These were some of the most easy and natural ways to remove mehndi at home. If you have been looking for ways to remove unwanted henna colour from your hands this is the perfect guide to help you out. With simple ingredients and easy methods look no further. Give it a try and share the experience with us.