Not every woman has the patience to grow out her natural nails and look that graceful best in pretty long nails. Fidgety and nail-biting people like me find it extremely hard to keep the nails from growing even the tiniest bit. Well, for exactly such people the hottest trending nail trend is Acrylic nails.
And even though we absolutely love to have them on and apply all the perfect nail colours every season, it is a task to remove acrylic nails and usually this requires a visit to the salon. But not anymore, We have for you simple ways to remove your acrylic nails at home that are easy and can be done on your own. Here is all that you need to know on how to remove acrylic nails at home?
What are Acrylic nails?
Acrylic nails are artificial or fake nails that are placed on our natural nails to achieve any particular shape of nails or length. So, when you want long nails, you can just go to your nearest salon and ask them to put on your desired length of acrylic nails. Acrylic nails are very popular since they stay for a longer time.
How to remove acrylic nails?
If you want to remove acrylic nails at home, Acetone is the ultimate solution for dealing with it. Acetone is a chemical based liquid which assists the acrylic nail to get dissolved in it and thus you can remove acrylic nails much easier.
We know that acetone is a strong solution and this fact forces all you ladies to think whether it is safe for use on skin? But to be assured you should remember the fact that acetone causes dryness or redness which can be easily avoided by taking all required measures.
Though acetone does not show any major discomfort still it should be brought in contact with our skin for as less number of times, as possible.
Following are the steps involved in removing acrylic nails.
- The artificial nails should be cut to as small as possible.
- If there are nail paints applied to the acrylic nails then you should remove nail polish. This nail polish will otherwise spread out in acetone and stain your entire finger.
- The skin around the cuticles should be moisturized by applying any type of petroleum jelly.
- Now you need to take some cotton and soak them in acetone. These cotton are placed on our acrylic nails.
- Leave them in this position for approximately 30 minutes.
- For these 30 minutes, the cotton should stay in the same position and ensure that your nail is covered with the cotton and wrap your finger up with aluminum foil pieces.
- To take out the acrylic nail just pull the foil and the rest will follow smoothly. If there is any difficulty in the process leave it wrapped up for some extra time and try removing again later.
How To Remove Acrylic Nails At Home?
To execute the removal process of acrylic nails at home you need to first look for the following items,
- Nail clipper
- Cotton balls
- Nail filer
- Tin or aluminum foil
After getting hold of these materials you can get started. Firstly cut the nails with the nail clipper up to the maximum possible extent. Then utilize the filler to remove nail polish or any similar color on your nails to avoid a mess. The fingernails are then covered with cotton which has been dipped in acetone. The foil is used to fix the cotton in place and ensure it does not fall off. A waiting time of 25 minutes approx. should be enough. After this, you can try to take out the acrylic nails. If it is found that the nails are not coming out comfortably, then leave it for some more time or repeat the process all over again. Finally, never forget to apply oil on the cuticle and moisturizer on the fingers to avoid dryness.
How To Remove Acrylic Nails Without Using Acetone?
A lot of people do not like the idea of dipping your nail in acetone for a few minutes since it dries out your skin natural moisture as well. For these ladies, there are other ways to remove acrylic nails at home which do not require use of acetone. Here is how you can do it.
Items required in this process are
- Nail polish remover that is acetone free
- Nail clippers
In this process also, you will need to cut the nail really and properly into shortest possible. The nail edges should be pried with the tweezers and finally, dip your nails in the nail polish remover which is acetone free. Then the nail can be removed with tweezers after nearly 30 minutes.
Useful Tips To Smoothly Remove Acrylic Nails
These tips can prove to be really helpful in the process of acrylic nails removal
- Never remove the nails forcefully. Doing so can damage the nail bed or even our real nail might come out causing extreme pain or even injury in some cases and even cause unnecessary infections.
- Most likely go for acetone when it comes to removing acrylic nails but you must ensure that you execute the process at a place which is nowhere near to fire as acetone has the property of being highly flammable.
- Acetone is a strong chemical and its usage can lead to dryness of skin or appearance of wrinkles after use. In some cases, it shows redness on the skin. All these effects are temporary but you should never take the risk. In case of any uncomfortable sensations like itching or burning, immediately stop the procedure and take assistance from professionals.
- There are cuticle oils available in the market. You should possess one when working with acrylic nails removal. This oil helps in restoring our original nail bed. A moisturizer is a good option after this process ends. This process can leave the skin really dry hence to nullify the after effects, use oil and moisturizer.
- Clean the glue completely and also if there is any other residue left from the acrylic nails
- Acetone will cause damage and strain on the surface of your nails. Thus to prevent any such situation cover up the surface completely before starting the procedure.
- Settle yourself down comfortably in a chair or place as this process takes a longer time than you may think.
- Leave the nail aside for a week or two to allow them to get restored back to their original form before applying a new set of acrylic nails on it.
Are Acrylic Nails Bad for You?
Acrylic nails have gained much popularity and there are uncountable salons across the world which offers service on acrylic nails. The process of attaching acrylic nails is cost effective and can be afforded by all. Technicians of the salons are getting themselves trained in this work, resulting in an easy availability of nail artists.
They are all much experienced and skilled in dealing with acrylic nails. The advantages of acrylic nails are that they are very strong. Thus when fixed over a real nail it assists us in managing even the most difficult work without any breakage or crack. There is no fear of the acrylic nails getting lifted according to several renowned cosmetologists.
But we must be careful while attaching the acrylic nails as an incorrect application can make the acrylic nails look unnatural. Choose a costly refill at regular intervals to minimize the time required for regrowth of the nail beds. This process in most cases affects the nail bed as it is very difficult to take them off.
There are places and professions that do not allow their employees to wear acrylic nails like in hospital as they may affect the hygiene of the place. The nails are long and hence are more likely to have dust and dirt trapped in them. The process of applying acrylic nails involves the use of chemicals thus emitting smells which can be really very strong, so be wary of that.
So ladies, we hope that we gave you a better insight into the world of safely removing acrylic nails at home. This Hot and new acrylic nail trend may, after all, be your rescue whenever you want those sexy long nails to flaunt. Make sure you follow the tips to safely remove acrylic nails at home. If you know any better ways to remove acrylic nails, share it with us in the comments section below and we shall definitely update our list.