Separate Sikh Ethnic Identity in Census 2021 DemAre you worried that your silver ware is permanently tarnished by the way it looks right now? Well then, you definitely might be thinking it will be a nightmare to clean all of that, right? We are so happy to break your notion and tell you that what you feel is not true. With a little help from all the techniques we have listed down, you can clean your silver easily at home, and bring them back to their prime as if they never saw a bad day.
How to Clean Silver?
One of the best quick fixes when you don’t have time and want good results. This is not a great way to clean silverware with intricate and small designs as the toothpaste will not be able to reach the small spaces.
- Just take a pea sized toothpaste and rub it all over the silverware.
- Take a piece of cotton rag and rub it of.
- Wash with water to see the sparkling silver.
2. Aluminum foil-
One of the amazing ways to quickly transform your silver and give it almost a new feel in a matter of seconds. This is a great technique for heavily tarnished silver items that need deep cleaning.
- Spread a sheet of foil in a container.
- Add A tsp each of baking soda and sea salt .
- Now spread the silver ware over the foil in a way that it does not overlap.
- Add 1 cup Boiling to it and quickly add 1/2 cup Vinegar.
- Keep your silver inside for 10 to 15 seconds only.
- The tarnish will be miraculously transferred to the foil.
- Remove it with kitchen tongs and wipe off immediately.
- Take a peice of aluminium foil and cover a bowl.
- Add hot water to it.
- Add 1 tsp of detergent soap and mix.
- Immerse you silver in in for 1 minute.
- Remove and water it off with plain cold water. Wipe clean and store.
Another technique to use if you have enough time to clean the silver and you don’t want to use the effervescent baking soda technique, go for this mild silver cleaning method.
- Make a paste of corn starch and water.
- Apply a layer over your silver and leave it to dry.
- Use a damp cloth to rub it off.
- Wash the silver to discover its squeaky clean look.
5. Tomato Ketchup-
- Apply an even layer of tomato ketchup on silver.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then use a piece of rag to rub it off.
- Use a brush with soft bristles to reach the tiny details of the silver.
- Wash clean and wipe it dry.
- Your silver looks like its reborn.
6. Lime soda-
Did you know that your favorite summer lemon drink can also do some housework for you? Hilarious but true.
- Just soak your dirty silver ware in a bowl full of lemon soda or sprite.
- Leave it in the soda for almost an hour.
- Use a cloth or a brush to remove any leftover dirt.
- Wash with plain water and pat dry.
- The silver is as good as new.
7. Glass Cleaner liquid-
- Spary it on all the silver thoroughly.
- Wait for a few seconds and rub it with a old toothbrush.
- Wash it off with water and dry it using a cotton fabric.
For another liquid silver cleaner that does a effortless tarnish removal. Just use this method of silver cleaning.
- Add 1 cup of warm water to 1/2 cup of clear ammonia
- Soak your silver for about 10 mins.
- Remove and clean it.
Vinegar has excellent inherent bleaching properties, make use of this for cleaning your silver ware.
- Just add half a cup of vinegar to 2 tsp baking soda.
- Soak the silver for around 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove and clean under running water.
- Your silver will be shiny and lustrous.
Add 1tsp Fresh lemon juice.
1 and 1/2 cup of warm water and 1/2 cup Instant milk powder.
Immerse the silver over night.
In the morning remove and wash just with cold water.
The silver will be as good as new again.
Tips to store your Silver perfectly-
Even thought the cleaning techniques are pretty much simple to follow and the results are almost amazing and instant we still always hope the silver doesn’t go dark in the first place. But, how do you do that? We have these tips to follow in order to prevent the silver from getting tarnished and staying bright and clean for longer next time.
- Keep a few pieces of chalk along with your silver items. It will absorb moisture and prevent your silver from oxidising.
- Before storing away the fine silver for next use, Try rubbing a little bit of hair conditioner on your silver to prevent it from tarnishing. Although never forget to wash clean the items like spoons before using them again.
- To polish your slightly tarnished silver, Use a few drops of hand sanitizer and rub it with a rough cloth. It will shine as if recently polished.
- Do not keep your Silverware wet in the drawer. Always dry them completely before storage. It will prevent them from getting bad again