If hair gets greasy, in just a day or two of washing it, you are likely to suffer from an oily hair. Oil is a natural secretion produced by the scalp to keep your hair healthy. The main causes of oily hair include heredity, hormonal changes, excessive stress, excess consumption of oily food and poor hair care. Some of the symptoms of oily hair are heavy hair, unmanageable hair that tends to fall. In addition to this oily hair is more prone to dandruff and itching. So, here are some hair care tips to get rid of oily scalp.
Hair Care Tips
1Use Shampoo for Oily Hair
Those who have oily hair should shampoo regularly to keep hair clean and oil free. You should use a shampoo which is meant for oily hair. If your hair is dry, then use shampoo first and then nourish your hair with conditioner. Make sure you use the conditioner only on the hair shafts to keep them moisturised and soft. When buying a shampoo check for a pH balanced shampoo which is mild and used specifically for oily hair. When using shampoo massage your scalp thoroughly.
2Rinse your Hair Completely
3Wash your Hair Often
4Aloe Vera Remedy
Aloe Vera is the best natural remedy for greasy hair. This hair care tips with the help of aloe vera is very effective on oily hair.
- Take a cup of mild shampoo
- Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and Aloe Vera gel
- Mix both and store it in fridge in a bottle
- Shampoo your hair every day with this mixture
For aloe vera conditioner:
- Take Aloe Vera Gel in a bowl
- Mix with 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Mix well and apply after shampoo
Apply this shampoo and conditioner made of aloe vera and see the miracle. Your hair will be fresh and oil-free scalp.
5Avoid Hair Serums
6Don’t Comb your Hair Often
Usually, everyone says that one should brush hair more. But the case is another for those who have oily hair. They should avoid combing hair too much. Buy brushing your hair, you are basically spreading the oil throughout your hair.
7Baby Powder for Hair
You are going to a party. You got dressed perfectly, wore matching accessories. But wait! You forgot to wash your hair and it is greasy. You don’t have time to wash your hair. Here is a quick hair care tips in your rescue. Take some baby powder and sprinkle on your scalp. Leave it for five minutes and brush well. The powder will help to absorb excess oils and also make your hair smell good.
8Vinegar and Lemon Juice
- Take 2 tbsp white vinegar or 1 Lemon Juice
- Mix well in one cup of water
- After rinsing with this mixture, rinse again with tepid water
The main reason for using lemon juice and vinegar is that it helps in regulating shampoo build-up.
9Rinse with Beer
- Take half a cup of alcohol or beer
- Mix with 2-3 cups of water
- Rinse your hair with this mixture.
Use it every week to reduce the greasiness. It will also make your hair shiny.
10Egg Yolk and Lemon Juice
- Take two egg yolks in a bowl
- Add a few drops of lemon juice
- Beat well, so that the lemon drops mix well in the egg yolk
- Apply the mixture on wet hair
- Leave it for 5-7 minutes and rinse
To get rid of oily hair permanently you should use the mixture at least two or three times a week.
Oily scalp is a very common problem. So, if you follow these hair care tips you will surely get rid of oily scalp and your hair will look fresh forever.
BY M. DIVYA SRI