Weight lifting exercises can be difficult for sure and beginners are not at all allowed to do any weight lifting exercises as it can pull any muscle. But, regular trainers can really do some serious weight lifting that is beneficial for their body. So here are some types of weight lifting exercises that you can start doing to get your muscles toned up.
Weight Lifting Exercises
- Try to begin with the barbell being supported on top of the traps. The chest must be up and the head facing forward. Then adopt a hip-width stance with your feet turned out as it is needed.
- Now descend by flexing the knees, and refrain from moving the hips back as much as possible. This may require the knees to travel forward. Always ensure that they stay align with your feet. The main goal is just to keep the torso as much upright as possible.
- Now continue all the way down, keeping your weight on the front of your heel. The upper legs can contact the lower legs into the reverse motion, driving your weight upward.
2Barbell Bench Press
- First lie back on a flat bench. Then use a medium width grip (a grip in a 90-degree angle in the middle of the movement between the forearms as well as the upper arms), then lift the bar from the rack and try to hold it straight over with the arms locked.
- Breathing in, begins to come down slowly until the bar can touch the chest.
- After a pause, try to push the bar back into the starting pose while you breathe out. Now focus on pushing the bar by using the chest muscles.
- Lock up the arms and squeeze the chest into the contracted position on top of the motion, try to hold for a second and start coming down slowly again.
Tip: Just ideally, lowering the weight might take about twice as long as energy raising it.
- Try to repeat this movement for a prescribed amount of repetitions.
3Standing Military Press
- You can start by placing the barbell, about chest high on a squat rack. Once when the weights are selected, grab the barbell with the palms facing forward grip.
- Then slightly bending the knees and place the barbell on the collar bone. Lift it up by keeping it lying on the chest. Now take a step back and then position the feet and the shoulder width apart from each other.
- Once you had picked up the barbell with the correct grip length, try to lift the bar up over the head and locking the arms. Now hold it at about shoulder level and slightly into the front of the head.
- Now lower the bar down towards the collarbone as you slowly inhale.
- Try to lift the bar back up to the same position as you are exhaling.
- Then repeat this exercise for a recommended amount of time.
4Bent Over Barbell Row
- While you are holding the barbell with a pronated grip, the palms facing down, and slightly bending the knees and bring the torso forward, bend the waist, while keeping the back straight until it is parallel to the floor.
Tip: Be sure that you are keeping the head up.
- The barbell must hang directly in your front as the arms are hanging perpendicular on the floor and the torso.
- Now, while you are keeping the torso stationary, breathe out and lift the barbell towards you. Remember to keep the elbows close to the body and only using the forearms on to hold the weight. At this contracted position, try to squeeze the back muscles and hold it in a brief pause.
- Then, while inhaling, lower the barbell slowly back to the starting point.
- Try to repeat this pose for a recommended amount of time.
5Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- While you are holding the dumbbell in each of the hands, try to sit on a military press bench or a utility bench that have a back support. Then place the dumbbells in an upright position on top of the thighs.
- Raise the dumbbells to your shoulder height, one at a time by using the thighs to help propel up in the position.
- Be sure to rotate the wrists so that your palms of the hands are facing forward.
- Now, while exhaling, push the dumbbells up until they touches on the top.
- Then, after a pause at the top in a contracted position, slowly lower the weights back down to the starting pose while inhaling.
- Try to repeat this exercise for the recommended amount of time.
It is recommended that these exercises are practiced under the supervision of a trained professional.